The Oenon Group* (referred to below as the “Group” or the “Oenon Group,” including in linked sites) recognizes the importance of complying with laws related to the protection of personal information. We also recognize the utility and the importance of protecting personal information. The Group considers the strict and appropriate management of this information to be an extremely important corporate social responsibility. The Group shall do its utmost to protect personal information to build solid relationships of trust with its customers and all other stakeholders.
* On this page, the “Group” refers to Oenon Holdings, Inc. and all Group companies that constitute the Oenon Group. Oenon Holdings, Inc. is the company responsible for managing personal information for the Oenon Group.
- Collection of personal information
- Using personal information
- Management and protection of personal information
- Provision of personal information to third parties
- Disclosure and revision of personal information and cessation of use
- Safe management of personal information (use of SSL)
- Internal management system
Collection of personal information
The Oenon Group collects customers’ personal information to the extent necessary to distribute questionnaires and samples, various promotional prizes, and for the retail or mail order sales of products.
When collecting personal information from customers, we will indicate or publicize the purpose of the collection and establish to the extent possible the usage purpose. We take care not to collect personal information for purposes outside the scope of collection.
Appropriate means are taken for the collection of personal information from customers. Approval from the customer is obtained if collecting personal information from a party other than the customer.
Using personal information
The Oenon Group exercises due caution when using personal information collected from customers and establishes boundaries necessary for achieving the purposes of the collection. The Oenon Group uses the personal information it possesses for the following purposes.
- Confirmation of age in relation to various campaigns (ensuring the age of majority, 20, is met if alcoholic beverages are handled), checking whether multiple winning prizes have been drawn, and for sending sample products and prizes (including follow-up communications to check whether distribution is possible)
- Transmission of information on prizes and events through e-mail magazines or direct mail
- Contacting of customers as needed in response to their inquiries and requests
- Requests for participation in surveys to improve our products, services or quality
- Development of products and creating new menus
- Study of usage conditions and environments for our products and services
- Dissemination of information about new products and services
The Oenon Group asks customers who not desire the information indicated above to please contact the following address to stop such information from being distributed.
Management and protection of personal information
For properly managing and protecting personal information obtained from customers, the Oenon Group assigns a personal information manager to ensure that personal information is accurate and up-to-date and that its management is thorough. The Group also works to prevent any external leakage of personal data and implement necessary safety measures to prevent unauthorized access or the risk of loss, damage or fabrication, all in an effort to protect the customer.
The handling of personal information may be outsourced. In such a case, the Group will execute a consignment agreement with the service provider selected by the Group to handle personal information ("Service Consignee") and will monitor and manage this information to prevent any leaks.
Provision of personal information to third parties
The personal information of customers will not be disclosed or provided to third parties other than Service Consignees approved by the customer.
Personal information will be disclosed or provided without the approval of the customer if forced by law or by a government agency.
Disclosure and revision of personal information and cessation of use
The Oenon Group shall respond appropriately if the party whose personal information the Oenon Group holds (or that party’s proxy) asks for the disclosure of this information, notification as the purpose of use; content revisions, additions or deletions; or the cessation of use (“Disclosure, etc.”), unless doing so would harm the interests of a third party or pose significant obstacles to business execution for the Oenon Group.
Cookies are files that are stored on a customer’s computer. When a customer accesses a web page, these files are sent back and forth between the customer’s browser and the server to record the customer’s history of use and the details of information that has been entered. Once a customer’s browser grants permission, the website obtains the cookie from the customer’s browser. Browsers may be set to refuse access to cookies or to warn the user when a cookie is received. Please understand that if cookies are refused, customers may be unable to access some services.
Safe management of personal information (use of SSL)
The Oenon Group uses a secure socket layer (SSL) across its entire website. Accordingly, data sent over the internet is encrypted. In this way, the Group strives to prevent third-party data eavesdropping or alteration.
Internal management system
The Oenon Group has formulated and put in place the regulations necessary to comply with this policy.
The entire Group, centered on Oenon Holdings, Inc., has a unified management system in place to monitor compliance to said regulations under the personal information manager. We are doing our utmost to protect your personal information under this management system.
The Oenon Group may amend or improve the above-stated sections of this policy as necessary, either in full or in part.
Please address any queries related to personal information as follows.
Enacted March 30, 2005
Amended April 2, 2021