What is Dispase?
It is a protease purified from the culture medium solution of bacillus genus strain isolated and selected from nature,and can be used as an enzyme for tissue culture.
- Since the enzyme activity is hardly inhibited by serum protein, Dispase demonstrates its action in the ordinary medium including the serum.
- The survival of cell is hardly influenced in the medium that contains serum.
- Because of the comparatively broad range of applicable conditions, Dispase is expected to demonstrate sufficient action without a decrease in the activity and without causing cell destruction even if some discrepancy occurs in the required enzyme concentration, processing time and pH.
- Since the action of Dispase persists for a long time under the temperature kept at 37°C, floating culture of animal cells is easily done when this enzyme is added to the medium.
- Because it is an enzyme originated from microorganism, there is no risk of mycoplasma mixture.
- Since Dispase shows a tendency not to disperse epithelial cells in the presence of Ca2+ while it disperses fibroblast, this enzyme may be utilized in the differentiation of cells.
100 - 2,000PU/ml
30 minutes - several days
Room temperature - 37°C
6.5 - 9.0